Internals Block Site Manager
Title: Internals Block Site Manager
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 plus package
We have a requirement for a Block Site Manager on a permanent basis. The client is a well-known national developer who have been nominated and won plenty of awards. They have enjoyed a good level of growth over the last few years and they have a very healthy order book for 2016/2017 and beyond.
The candidate will report directly to the Project Manager and must be focused on quality throughout all internal stages of construction. Responsibilities will include the day to day running of the project, managing and supervising direct and subcontract labour, the timely delivery of materials and Health and Safety on site.
You will be responsible for managing all the internal works including dry lining, screed, partitioning, bathroom & kitchen, 2nd fix joinery, and coordination with M&E.
- Responsible for the day to day internal works and reporting into project manager
- Managing and coordinating internal workstrade contractor
- Producing short-term program of works and coordinates the works with Brickworks and scaffolding.
- Solving the day to day construction/design issues on-site with internal design team.
- Input to Internal Design team and coordinate,
- Reporting on progress against program
- Lead the internal trade package meetings with trade contractors
- Coordinate with logistic manager for logistics/delivery schedules and lifting plans.
- Input on health and safety matters
- Review the RAMS.
- Attending internal construction Team coordination meetings.
- Quality control, testing and inspection plans setting out checking
- Coordination of internal production, operationalcommercial and administration teams
- Progress the Mock up for project, this includes developing proceduresand solutions for all manner of build related problems
- Recent Construction Management experience managing large scale of Fit-out packages is preferred.
- Have at least 10 years’ experience of working in the industry
- Have a 'Can Do' attitude.
- Preference but not essential knowledge of various externals packages
- Be able to coordinate and interface works with other packages
- Should have the skills to strategically plan work
- Understand bench marking and signoff procedures and process
- Check quality against bench mark
- Keep detailed reports and sign offs
- Great communication skills need
- Due to the logistically challenging nature of the project, previous experience of working on a similar scheme in Central London will be advantageous
- SMSTS, CSCS essential
- Due to the high level of quality and coordination required, experience of complex joinery works and tight tolerances is required.
The successful Fit-out Block Manager will have a minimum of ten years’ experience and have worked for UK main contractors or developers on similar projects in the UK.
This is an immediate requirement and we are aiming to have the successful candidate in place ASAP. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience contact us today with a CV for a confidential discussion.