Senior Highways Technician
Senior Highways Technician required in Bristol for long term contract Autocad and Civils 3D
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Freelance / Contract Senior Technician for a Bristol based consultancy. You will be required to be technically competent and can act as part of the service delivery team and be able, through knowledge of appropriate software, to provide technical solutions to meet the client's requirements.
* Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, traffic order making, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
* Prepare technical designs or drawings, documents and use specialist software in accordance with approved design procedures and systems.
* Self manage delivery of projects or a small programme of work.
* Support and coach less experienced team members.
* Demonstrate compliance with Health and Safety responsibilities and of other company procedures.
* Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
* Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
* HNC Civil Engineering, or EngTech or equivalent technical qualification; or demonstrable experience.
* Experience of relevant design software and standards and proficient in the production of engineering drawings, including CAD / Civils 3D
* Related vocational experience desirable.
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* IT literate.
* Able to work without supervision and to seek advice when necessary.
Our main vision is to be recognised for our excellence, so, beyond qualifications, the key attributes we look for are the ability to solve problems, the ability to build constructive relationships, and a desire to keep learning and improving.