We are currently looking to recruit an Engineer to join the established Civil Engineering Design team based in our Northampton office.
The role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will be able to take responsibility for the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for public and private sector development schemes and will have the opportunity run their own projects.
The role sits between the senior staff and the technician positions and so the successful candidate will be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of the more junior team members.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- To support the production of Drainage/Highway designs and provision for all types and scales of development projects
- Delegate and manage the technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
- Liaise with the client and design teams on projects and to manage and procure deliverables on time
- To deliver projects within budget constraints
- Prepare and manage technical reports
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 - 4 years’ experience and will be provided with support for development within multi-disciplines.
The candidate will require:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Experience of Section 38, 278 and 104 Agreements
- Have experience of highway design and specification
- Have experience in drainage and attenuation design
- Experience of the delegation and management of technician resources
- Have excellent communication and written skills with the ability to both compile and check reports
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes
- The ability to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders is essential.
Exceptional attention to detail and strong presentation skills are also required.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
To apply please click the button below to complete our online application.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work.
Peter Brett Associates LLP provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people at PBA are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners.
To find out more about Peter Brett Associates LLP and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit our website www.peterbrett.com/home
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities