We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer to join the established and very successful Civil Engineering Design team based in our Northampton office on a permanent basis.
The role holder will have the opportunity to be involved in an exciting range of multi-disciplinary projects ranging from large mixed-use, residential or business development projects through to smaller redevelopment sites. Our projects are with both private and public sector clients.
Working within one of our Northampton Civil Engineering teams, the role is to provide a pro-active supporting function to the existing senior level engineering staff. The successful candidate will provide support to the management of the design process for a range of infrastructure for predominantly private sector development schemes.
The successful candidate will also be expected to delegate to and manage the activities and outputs of more junior team members and technicians.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Produce Drainage/Highway designs for all types and scales of development projects
- Liaise with the Team Leader, Technical Lead or Project Manager as appropriate to establish a clear definition of the project requirements and manage or procure deliverables.
- Manage work output effectively to assist in meeting the client brief, budget and programme requirements
- Assist in the delivery of projects within budget constraints
- Prepare technical reports
- Assist in the coordination of the technical aspects of the projects, including calculations and drawings in accordance with the Practice’s QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
- Delegate and manage the technician resource in the delivery of outputs to agreed deadlines
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience and ideally already be working towards Chartership or Incorporated status.
The candidate will require:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Have experience in infrastructure design; drainage; highways (roads and streets), utilities etc.
- Have experience of working in a team environment and supervising the work of others.
- Ideally have some experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects involving other disciplines (Geo, noise, air quality etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of Microdrainge and AutoCAD
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to manage time and resources working on multiple concurrent projects.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
To apply please click the button below to complete our online application.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. We provide trusted advice to create value from land and buildings owned or operate by our clients. Together, we create better places for the communities in which we work.
Peter Brett Associates LLP provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. The people at PBA are our most important asset. Creating a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals is a key aim of the Partners.
To find out more about Peter Brett Associates LLP and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit our website www.peterbrett.com/home
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.