Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Graduate Quantity Surveyor
A developing construction cost and project management consultancy are seeking a graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their lively Welwyn Garden City office to work on a range of prestigious projects. Sectors include; Retail, Residential, Commercial, Education, Environmental and Leisure, projects values are up to 20million. Office is based within a 10 minute walk from Welwyn Garden City train station. This is a unique opportunity for a graduate quantity surveyor about to embark on their career to join a consultancy offering excellent mentoring and support throughout your APC.
They have a proven track record in the development of people, investing time and money to ensure excellent career progression and job satisfaction. You will have the chance to work with an assortment of clients including; local authorities, household name retailers, and independent developers.
This role does not require any work experience and will accept graduates who have just finished their degree or MSc however, it must be a RICS accredited qualification in quantity surveying.
The successful Graduate Quantity Surveyor will be supporting senior consultants to provide a full and high quality service to clients. You will gain experience in both pre and post contract roles and will be supported in working towards running your own projects with potential for running your own team in the future. You will also be given mentoring and support with your APC.
- Assist in Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Assist in preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Work closely with Contracts team
- Assist in the Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
- Assist validating Subcontractor Applications
- Assist in preparing estimates and bills of quantities
- Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Graduate Quantity Surveyor will have:
- RICS accredited degree or MSc in Quantity Surveying
- ambition to progress your career to Chartership
- confidence communicating with clients, directors and contractors
- You will be able to commute to London and will be a committed, confident and diligent QS
The following would be an advantage but not a necessity:
- You have started or are enrolled onto APC
- Achieved a 1st Class degree in Quantity surveying
This is an opportunity to gain outstanding experience across a broad range of sectors and be given support and mentoring throughout your APC.
- Between £20,000 and £25,000 basic salary
- Private medical care
- Life assurance
- Company pension
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Assistant and Graduate Quantity Surveyors in London.
If you are an Assistant or Graduate Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Daniel Foster at Brandon James.
London/ Welwyn Garden City/ Assistant Quantity Surveyor/ Graduate Quantity Surveyor /APC