Contracts Manager with Main Contractor £75k-85k
Contracts Manager with Main Contractor - London
Contracts Manager looking after 2-3 projects in London ranging in value from £5-£30m
About the Client: SSA are recruiting on behalf a Main Contractor who are operating in the London market, who also have international operations in the Middle East and Europe. The company has developed a reputation of delivering a high quality services to clients, carrying out both new build and refurbishment projects in multiple sectors including residential, commercial, retail, and educational projects.
They are currently looking for experienced Contracts Manager with a strong construction background to work on projects predominantly in London and the South East. A good knowledge of construction is essential i.e. shell & core works, with fit out experience on the back of this.
About the role: The role will encompass a variety of areas including but not limited to:
- Responsible for all construction aspects of a Project from Inception through to completion
- Commercial Awareness
- Organising Labour and Resources and moving our direct labour to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Be responsible for managing Sub Contractors
- Ensure that construction work is carried out in accordance with Safe Work Method Procedures.
- Report into the Construction Director regarding progress on the construction program.
- Liaise with Consultants and Design Manager to resolve information and design issues.
- Procure and manage subcontract attendances, scope of works and selection of Subcontractors, with the Project Team – QS’s and Project/Site Mangers, and Design teams
- Deal with any subcontract issues which may need resolving in the areas of programme, quality or safety.
- Ensure work is carried out within quality plans, inspections are carried out and defects rectified.
- Responsible for logistics planning regarding site access and setup.
About the Requirements:
- Preliminary qualifications in Engineering or Building, or Trade qualifications, or equivalent experience.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Solid commercial background of site based experience with knowledge and understanding of various building trades, including up-to-date building techniques/methodologies.
- Must at least have 10 years work experience within the UK
In return, they offer a chance to work on a variety of projects ranging from £5m - £30m, with great pay, benefits and excellent career progression
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com