Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Retail / Hotels & Leisure
Mid-Size Global Consultancy - London
Your role is to deliver informed and tailored cost management services to a variety of clients within the retail, hotels and leisure sectors. You will actively contribute to a talented team and invest time and effort in building relationships for the long term both internally and externally.
As a leading global SME their expertise is in delivering projects in the commercial, data centre, education, healthcare, hotel and leisure, residential, local authority, mixed use and retail sectors.
Their strong relationships have been built by a talented team of specialists, who work diligently with clients throughout each project – from the initial concept stages, right through to completion and beyond. It’s this approach to building relationships that has attracted large and loyal clients that keep returning to them time and time again.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on appropriate procurement routes and forms of contract.
- Attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings.
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including letters of intent, for execution by clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts.
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes.
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams.
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team.
Experience and qualifications
- MRICS qualified.
- Both pre- and post-contract cost management skills and experience.
- Experience working within the retail, hotels and leisure sectors would be preferable.
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time.
- Previous experience of supervising individuals/managing a team.