Senior Project Manager
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS AN ADDITIONAL RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION PREMIUM OF 7K*
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust is looking for a talented Project Manager for our Capital Development Team.
Why Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust:
Our Trust is a world leading healthcare service provider, employing over 15,000 people, servicing over 2 million patient contacts per year, and turning over almost £1.5 billion annually. In order to continue providing this high level of service, as well as meet future growth, we have an exciting rolling capital development programme, including £500 million over 5 years, doubling capacity by 2020.
You’ll be part of a professional team that’s in tune with the values of the NHS and understands the distinctive challenges and responsibilities that come from working within a highly complex and challenging projects environment.
You will be responsible for delivering construction projects within a portfolio, of which recent projects delivered ranged from a state of the art new build cancer center through to highly specialised rare diseases treatment unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for project delivery excellence and positive outcomes for our patients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers of cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in design and construction.
They will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to high value projects.
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-looking organisation in the heart of the capital where you can develop your career and broaden your horizons. 79% of staff who took part in the latest national NHS Staff Survey would recommend Guy’s and St Thomas’ as a place to work.
- Leading day to day delivery of design and build construction projects
- Being responsible for and managing the complete project lifecycle
- Development of Strategic Business Cases and Project Execution Plans
- Managing design teams in the development of design solutions
- Managing construction delivery within a fully functional hospital environment
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Administration of NEC building contracts, proactively managing and confirming the compliance of contractors/consultants to the contract terms and conditions
- Initiation and development of project documentation, programmes, budget etc.
- Designing and producing reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Delivering projects within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the outline business case stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Significant experience of project management, ideally within a construction environment
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of sustaining stakeholder relationships
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the Trust
- Experience to include interpretation of contracts, implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and close out of projects
- Experience of programme creation, analysis, interpretation and reporting
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with a pleasant and flexible working environment, attention to personal development and one of the best pension schemes within the UK. You will have a great deal of responsibility with opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
In addition, we offer excellent benefits, such as:
- A minimum of 27 days annual holiday allowance (not including bank holidays) increasing to 29 days after 5 years, and 33 days after 10 years. There also exists the option to buy and sell annual holiday.
- The NHS Pension Scheme - one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Long Term Service Awards
- Sports and social club
- Subsidised staff gym and leisure facilities at both hospital sites, including a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s
- Subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers
- On-site cinemas for patients and staff
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme, '5 ways to a healthier YOU'
- Weekly lunchtime walking group
- Ride to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free stop smoking service
*The local short term recruitment and retention premium has been agreed until 31 July 2018 and will be reviewed annually.
Interview Date: Friday 20th October 2017
To apply please click on apply and complete the application form on the Guy's and St Thomas website for this post by clicking "Apply Online Now."