Assistant Quantity Surveyor required for Rail projects with leading Contractor
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Check subcontract requisitions and quotations for scope coverage, attendance requirements, quantities, rates, programme delivery and overall value for money.
- Produce monthly subcontract Payment Certificates for approval and issue.
- Assess and agree subcontractors' Applications for Payment.
- Liaise with Operational Managers and Site Supervisors on a regular basis regarding Early Warnings, Compensation Events and other site requirements.
- Produce NEC3 contracts for subcontract works and Professional Service Contracts for consultants.
- Maintain accurate cost and value records for each maintenance activity and scheme.
- Manage subcontract Final Accounts on a monthly basis, and prepare subcontract final accounts.
- Provide commercial support to all Operational Teams, Project Managers and Budget Holders.
- Carry out annual benchmarking as required.
- Support the Commercial Assistant in keeping the subcontract approvals register up to date.
- Ensure applications for payment are maximised and submitted on time.
- To follow and utilise the Business Management Systems.
- Demonstrate added value in service delivery to the Strategic Alliance Partnership between this company and the Client.
- Carry out 360º reviews with Subcontractors and the Clients Operational Managers on an annual basis to assess contractual, operational and commercial performance for each financial year.
- Ability to operate and understand Financial Cost Systems and operate Excel spreadsheets
- An understanding of the contract with the Client and its application
- Ability to conduct effective negotiations with both the Client and Subcontractors
- An understanding of the principles of measurement within the Highways Maintenance environment
- An understanding of all forms of NEC3 contracts
- Located in Buckinghamshire or willing to relocate
- Highways or Rail experience is essential