The Project Director has primary responsibility to resolve and direct coordinated outcomes which are in the best interests of the project and that do not have undue bias toward a particular business unit. The Project Director is accountable for the coordinated management and leadership of the project with a focus on:
- Leading the project team to act as one integrated operation
- Coordinating the participating development business units
- Acting as the figurehead of the project - Lend Lease's representative on the development
- Place making
- Community & stakeholder engagement
- Provision of infrastructure
- Safe development operations and safe community
- Project Business Plan
- Primary liaison with government authorities
- Project Reports
In the initial phase, including and up to the satisfaction of all conditions precedent under the Project Development Agreement (PDA), the Project Director is also responsible for:
- Finalizing the PDA with the relevant local authority
- Achieving the Planning Approval for the master plan
- Agreeing and finalizing the scope and budget for infrastructure and public realm with the relevant local authority
- Obtaining final LL Board approval for investment funding the project, in accordance with the Limits of Authority and Compass requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the property industry.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial skills at a high level to define, champion and progress project objectives.
- Project management skills to ensure project objectives are delivered on time and within budgets.
- Leadership, problem solving, organisational planning skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; ability to work collaboratively without needing to control resources in order to deliver outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, able to build trusting and respectful relationships with all levels of employees while driving results in their areas.
- First class decision making and influencing skills
- Ability to act professionally and build trust, i.e. build partnerships/ relationships.
- Ability to adjust rapidly and frequently to new situations, able to help others accept and adapt to change.
- Ability to maintain a calm and positive attitude to inspire project teams regardless of the challenges of delivering complex and large scale mixed use projects.
- Big Picture Thinking (Strategic Perspective)
- Customer Driven
- Provides Clarity
- Develops Future Leaders
- Team Builder
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER CAPABILITIES
- Conducts Market & Product Assessment
- Develops Strategic Vision
- Defines Development Brief
- Conducts Commercial Assessment
- Optimizes Financial Performance
- Ensures Investment Conversions
- Engages Expertise & Relationships
- Manages Risks & Opportunities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Project Leadership
- Business Coordination & Interaction
- Provision of Service
- Financial Performance & Business Planning
- Community Engagement
- Master Plan and Design
- Infrastructure & Sustainability
- Place Making & Community
- Government Relations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Relevant business or property tertiary qualifications
Post graduate qualifications desirable
Broad property management experience including exposure to development management, project management, new business and construction / delivery
Previous development experience in one or more market specialist sectors (office, retail, residential etc) is preferred