Quantity Surveyors at Junior, Intermediate and Senior level (London & Manchester)
Sector experience sought after: RC Framework, Main Contracting, Façade, M&E, Drylining & Demolition
JRL Group Company Information:
The JRL Group is a highly successful, privately owned, national construction group headquartered in North London.
Since its inception over two decades ago the JRL Group has grown from a company specialising in sub and super structure packages to 10 specialist companies operating in the built environment to full turnkey projects. With a turnover of in excess of £360m, the business is currently experiencing growth and as such seeks to strengthen our commercial departments.
As part of a well-established team the successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to develop their commercial delivery and management skills which will enhance their career prospects.
Career progression within the group is a real possibility.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- Monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- Preparation of contract claims information;
- Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- Setting up and maintaining contract files
- Ability to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
- Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
- You must have relevant sector experience
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well a competitive salary and package.
With an ambitious strategy we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, the JRL Group is the right place for you.