Lead Specialist_ Offshore Concrete Structures Apply now
Location:Aberdeen : Kingswells Causeway (LR_L000092)
Department:GB110021 : Compliance Design Appraisal (GB110021)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Lloyd's Register Marine and Offshore provide a wide range of services to industry world-wide involving design verification, independent analysis and consultancy activities in various disciplines, including those of naval architecture, structures, pipelines, geotechnics, safety and mechanical engineering.
We are looking to recruit a Lead Structural Specialist to join our UK Fixed Structures Team. This team has substantial expertise in providing independent assurance for design and operational aspects of offshore and onshore structures for a range of industries including the renewable and oil and gas sectors.
Reporting to the Fixed Structures Team Leader, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertake design appraisal activities with respect to offshore structures including fixed, near shore and floating offshore concrete structures to ensure compliance with specified rules, codes, Regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters including budget and contractual requirements;
- Undertake design appraisal activities with respect to industrial, nuclear and cryogenic concrete structures to ensure compliance with specified rules, codes, Regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters including budget and contractual requirements;
- To act as a point of reference both internally and externally, in the role of Technical Authority, for issues relating to concrete design and concrete construction.
- To develop technically other employees, as appropriate and share information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To represent Lloyds Register on technical committees for certification bodies, manage internal and external audits.
- To contribute to the preparation of bids and tenders for concrete projects.
- To conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering;
- Relevant experience in the design of concrete structures in an offshore environment with comprehensive experience in the design and analysis of offshore and onshore structures;
- Good understanding of offshore loading conditions including fatigue
- Strong theoretical and working knowledge of reinforced concrete and post-tensioned concrete design and construction.
- Good understanding of International regulatory regimes pertaining to design and operation of offshore structures such as offshore verification and certification regimes.
- Specialist knowledge in key areas of offshore gravity based concrete structures, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice;
- Experience in analysis and design of concrete structures to international codes and standards (e.g. EN 1992, ISO 19903, AS3600, ACI 318 etc.).
- Experience in using and interpreting the output of appropriate engineering software such as STAAD.Pro, SACS, ABAQUS, ANSYS etc.,
- Effective communications in written and spoken English with the ability to prepare discuss and present deliverables to a client at a senior level.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer and a member of a recognised professional body for example ICE, IStructE or IMAREST. (or working towards);
- Strong project management and coordination skills;
- Experience in developing non‑linear finite element models would be an advantage;
- Site construction experience would be desirable.
- Prior experience in steel design for offshore structure is desirable.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Offshore Oil, Engineering, Energy