Highways Planner, 3 months (likely ongoing) , South Yorkshire, negotiable rate dependant on experience
Job Type: Temporary (3 months) likely to be more ongoing
Location: South Yorkshire
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience of the candidate
My client are a service provider within a public sector organisation in South Yorkshire and they are looking for a Highways Planner to join their very busy Highways department the overall responsibility for the role will be to assist the Senior Planner in the development, monitoring and reporting of all relevant programmes. You will be responsible for delivering excellence in Planning and Scheduling at a project level, enabling timely, safe, and efficient and customer focused project delivery and contributing to measurable improvements in Planning and Scheduling quality.
This role will be a minimum of 3 months starting in January 2018.
- Assist in the development and management of all relevant programmes
- Provide advice, guidance and training to the client and relevant internal teams
- Track progress, incorporate changes and forecast delivery dates and expenditure.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports, statistics and answers to enquiries concerning the programmes
- Provide support the watchman team as and when required
- Ensure high standards of programming are carried out to meet client and contract requirements
- Develop and improve working practices and seek innovative solutions
- To establish and maintain collaborative relationships with the Programme and / or Project Management team, to gain a full understanding of the baseline Project Control Framework Products and any project-specific constraints, and to provide advice and guidance on required Planning & Scheduling management processes and documentation and implementation of associated tools.
- To engage with supply chain planners to ensure that they comply with the required planning and scheduling procedures and best practices, ensuring collaboration and production of integrated project plans that drive measurable results at project, region and programme levels.
- To create and maintain project plans and schedules that are of a quality, logic, format & content that enable accurate and robust interrogation, enable Quantitative Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis, are contractually compliant, are integrated with quality targets across all schedules, and are capable of integration at Programme level.
- To develop and present regular reports on schedule status and performance with forecasts of anticipated milestone achievement dates, recommending actions where appropriate to mitigate potential time over-runs; to support the Programme Management team in the monitoring and reporting of performance, and in the identification and resolution of issues, risks and opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.