Build Superintendent - Top 3 contractor in Canada - Projects to $400 million
My client is a leading Canadian construction company that offers a wide range of services from general contracting and construction management to civil and M&E services. Their portfolio consists of major projects in the private, public and industrial sectors typically ranging in value from $30 million to $400 million. With consistent growth over the years and ambitious plans for the future, it is currently worth over $1 billion and growing.
They have opportunities across Ontario and Canada. They retain staff, give competitive salaries, bonuses and understand the importance of and are dedicated to employee health and wellbeing. If you are prepared to work hard you will go far with my client. Most of their Senior Execs joined at the very early stages of their career and progressed through the ranks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to complete project on time and within budget.
- Creates, maintains critical path method (CPM) construction schedule, identifies, and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Has knowledge and experience with all trades scope of work.
- Can manage self-performed work scopes
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Supervises completion of punch lists.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Creates site logistic plans and maintains an organized, clean job site.
- Act as a credible and effective safety leader on the jobsite.
- 4-year college degree preferred, but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in scheduling, ordering materials, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction. Should be experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Organized with a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
For more information contact Pat O’Byrne on firstname.lastname@example.org