Senior Estimator – Leading Residential Developer - Borehamwood (Head Office)
Senior Estimator (New Build) – Leading Residential Developer - Borehamwood (Head Office)
With over four decades of experience in the construction industry, our client has a track record of delivering quality projects in the affordable housing, private and public sectors. Our client has ambitious growth plans and continues to establish its position as a leading contractor and housebuilder in London and the South East.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Senior Estimator/Cost Planner to join our Estimating team, working on New Build mixed tenure projects. We would be able to consider an Intermediate Cost Planner/Estimator who shows potential and has the drive and enthusiasm to expand their role and knowledge. Ability to read and understand Contract drawings, specifications and contract obligations
- Ability to measure from drawings, to prepare bills of quantities and other standard surveying techniques with high attention to detail and a great degree of accuracy
- Good communication skills and the ability to offer practical advice on construction methods and practices
- Commercial and experienced in estimating with Design & Build and Traditional formats in mixed tenure residential housing schemes up to values in excess of £50 million
- Good knowledge of Local Authority/Housing Association procurement methods
- Must have a good understanding of the partnering process, design/build and traditional contracting process
- Excellent analytical skills and sound IT Knowledge including excel and a proprietary Estimating software.
- A good understanding of supply chain and industry products.
- Good Measurement skills.
About the Requirements:
We are seeking candidates with cost planning / estimating experience with a contractor, working on mixed tenure and developer led housing projects, particularly with local authority and RP clients. The ideal candidate will be analytic, methodical an excellent time keeper and have the ability to work on their own as well as being part of a wider team. A degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying is desirable though not essential.
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com