Commercial Manager - One Of London's leading Residential Developers - £70k-95k
Commercial Manger – Top 10 Residential Developer - Harefield
About the Client:
Our client is of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, our client has helped to shape the world around us and today we are at the forefront of the construction industry with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with their customers, employees, supply chain and communities we work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.
About the Role:
The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director and will be responsible for being the commercial lead for housebuilding developments for our Chiltern region of our client covering Middlesex.
Commercial awareness, cost planning and the ability to carry out accurate cost / value forecasting and risk management is essential along with excellent communication and procurement skills. Experience in negotiating and agreeing both contract sums and conditions with clients is also required.
About the Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the clients representative
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with Employers Representative
- Preparing monthly CVC reports for presentation to Directors
- Monitoring risk schedule and managing risk from Commencement to completion
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors
- Provide Contractual advice to project team
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advices throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings
About the Requirements:
- Degree qualified preferable
- Professional membership of MCIOB or RICS preferable.
- Proven track record in commercial management.
- Should ideally have worked at a similar level ideally within a Construction organisation for at least five years.
- Demonstrable strong account management and commercial experience.
- Ideally experience of working and managing a commercial team.
- Strong team player, with the entrepreneurial ability to operate and excel in a changing on site environment.
- Well-developed analytical, oral and presentation / communication skills.
Our client is offering an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, they’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, this role is right for you.
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org