Senior Residential Interior Designer
A high end Fulham based Developer are seeking a Senior Residential Interior Designer to join their fast-paced growing team working on luxury residential projects.
Key day-to-day tasks of the Senior Residential Interior Designer include:
- To fully understand the design projects and deliver each project as required To communicate to the rest of the team a clear brief for each project and assist in the assignment of responsibility To prepare, and develop with the team where required, drawings, models, images, material & mood boards and other documents relating to the design Liaise with clients directly ensuring all information is issued in a timely manner and problems solved where required To co-ordinate the design team for the project To take responsibility for the development of the design and the project with input from the external advisors in charge for key project stages To liaise with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies, and communicate progress where required To assist in the general day to day running of the company, as required
Essential key attributes of the Senior Residential Interior Designer include:
- A minimum of 5 year's experience working on residential and/or hospitality focused projects A strong understanding of FF&E and Interior Design An industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture Able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion Can differentiate the needs of different 'styles' and 'looks' and deliver those styles without letting personal preferences impact choices Able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently Able to take initiative in response to direction or instruction Excellent organisational skills Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information Self-motivated and able to take responsibility Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team Excellent written and verbal communication skills Understanding the designers role in the co-ordination and integration of project information and management Able to manage junior & intermediate designers on the team Able to use the following: MS Office, AutoCAD, PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign and idealy knwoeldge of Estimac
Deliverable requirements of the Senior Residential Interior Designer include:
- Independently, can produce and take an approved set of drawings, which include a conceptual space plan, furniture plans, RCP & elevations and then move forward to develop a final set of production documents
These drawings include-
- Existing, demo and finished floor plans - tagged/keyed and noted for all areas - developed as required for final approval Furniture Plans of all areas - developed as required for final approval Dimensioned construction plans - noted, dimensioned, tagged, elevation symbols, sections, schedules in a way that allows for minimal questions during construction due to clarity and quality of information provided Finished Elevations with outlets, wall sconces, cabinetry, specialty finishes and treatments noted, tagged and indicated in a way that is clear for construction and fabrication Finished RCP with ceiling materials, treatments and heights clearly called out and dimensioned where needed o Lighting - that the layout has been designed in a way that is well located for drama, highlighting and special effects, task, and convenience of usage and operations and that is also designed to meet energy codes and project budget
- Skilled at researching finishing materials and learning about their required applications as well as installation requirements so that the information can be noted in depth on the drawings Proven ability to create comprehensive finish schedules, lighting schedules, door and hardware schedules that include enough information for quality installation and ordering with few questions of clarification by installers Independently researches Building and Material regulations to ensure conformity Experienced in reviewing shop drawings and samples to insure drawings and finishes match
Participates in meetings for the purpose of-
- Overview of each project reviewing progress made to date Discuss upcoming deliverables and deadlines Discuss concerns, challenges and issues to help negotiate and formulate best solutions and strategy for success Discuss any client/construction issues and updates that could impact deliverables Makes sure all meetings are documented with meeting minutes, including members involved in process, keeping an updated Addendum log and RFI log as well as updated and organised project binders Regular coordination with project teams ensuring communication is flowing adequately, and questions and concerns are addressed Openly shares ideas and knowledge with team and Client to enhance the project Knows how to hand sketch architectural and FF&E ideas that work in the space and meet intended design goals
If you are interested in finding out more about this Senior Residential Interior Designer role then please get in touch with Deborah D'Silva or apply online.
Please ensure you send your CV and portfolio when applying for this role.