Project Manager with leading Civil Engineering and Power contractor in London
PROJECT MANAGER – Power
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Purpose of Role:
As Project Manager for this scheme you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of site works for the project. You will be required to meet or exceed the Company’s expectations for health & safety, quality, customer satisfaction, programme performance and commercial out-turn, thereby ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Through the team, to ensure the delivery of the project within the given constraints of time and cost.
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met.
- To identify the necessary resources and assign individual
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To carry out all the Project Manager’s duties established for the project by the Task Role Assignment Matrix.
- To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level.
- To apply the companies methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Clear thinker with determination and energy, good planning abilities, well-organised and seeking perfection.
- Able to lead teams comprising a variety of abilities.
- Assertive but personable.
- Able to communicate constructively with a wide spectrum of personalities.
- Willing to lead by example and work on own initiative.
- Able to focus on and achieve project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills, numeracy, and oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- Able to manage, and respond positively to, change.
- Keen to achieve self-development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' on-site construction experience with significant recent experience in management positions.
- Good knowledge of contract and health & safety law.
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
- Extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Competent in the use of IT.
- Driving licence.