Quantity Surveyor role on £20m Rail Station upgrade with leading contractor
Main Purpose of the role
Delivery of Commercial Management Services for individual projects.
- To provide assistance, support and advice on all commercial issues within the Project(s).
- Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team
- Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
- Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
- Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
Commercial Services Delivery
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Utilise the costing system.
- Assist in cost control / cost mitigation.
- Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
- Maintain site records.
- Adhere to group procedures.
- Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
- Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
- Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage.
- Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
- Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Familiar with the Rail sector
- Experience with client focused roles