Pre Cast Concrete Manager - Tunnelling Hinkley C
Balfour Beatty is looking to recruit a Pre Cast Concrete Manager to LEAD, DIRECT and COORDINATE all operational activities in our tunnelling segment factory in Avonmouth, Bristol ensuring quality, HSE, programme and budget requirements are met.
As the senior manager interfacing with the workforce to ensure all operatives are fully inducted/briefed on the Company’s Management systems and are fully competent to deliver in a safe manner.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the coordination of and communication between all parts of the segment production team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, quality, safety and environmental team and clients team.
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams.
- Ensure that the quality system is adhered to all times and correctly managed to ensure traceability of the segments.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
- Ad hoc duties as job requires
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Be familiar with, and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
- Implement the relevant requirements of the SMS within their area of responsibility
- Ensure that their staff receive or have access to copies of the Environmental Policy and are kept informed of environmental developments and issues
- Ensure that the Environmental Policy and appropriate parts of Environmental Procedures are effectively communicated to the workforce, particularly to those engaged on activities that have been identified as likely to have a significant environmental impact
Key Working Relationships:
Supervising responsibility for: General Forman
- Construction Manager and engineering teams (programme, progress working methods delays disruption, future resource levels, safety environmental and quality inspections and reports)
- Constant coordination and liaison with site and clients quality team.
- Planning Manager (programme and sequence of works and progress)
- Commercial team (variations, valuations and budget forecasts contractual issues)
- Safety and Environmental (procedures advice and training)
- Payroll and HR (issues relating to hourly paid workforce)
- Client’s representative (report on progress and confirming requirements, Scope and Instruction and general discussions regarding works phasing and methods)
- Subcontractors (variations, performance, programme, working methods and requirements)
- Suppliers (resource availability, performance, working methods and requirements)
- Local Authorities (access issues)
- Other contractors (synchronising activities, setting shared goals)
Knowledge Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience of managing pre cast concrete facilities.
- Vocational Training (successful experience at General Foreman / site manager level)
- Understanding of Engineering principles
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
- City & Guilds Construction Certificate
- Basic Computer competence (E-mail, MS word, excel & BBCEL intranet)