Electrical Maintenance Manager
Electrical Maintenance Manager required for NHS Trust in Hampshire
A prominent NHS Trust in Hampshire are looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Manager to join their Estates Department.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Estates Department by providing support in an Electrical Engineering capacity, to ensure the Trust remains in good repair and is statutory compliant to current regulations and legislation.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- To assist the Electrical Manager in the day to day operation, repair and maintenance of all the Trust's plant and related equipment including: lighting, heating, A/C equipment and electrical circuitry etc.
- To take accountability for fault finding and diagnostic surveys of the electrical installations.
- To be responsible for the undertaking of electrical inspections to plant and equipment.
- To produce and develop schedules for repairs and upgrading plant, equipment and electrical installations.
- To liaise and work alongside engineering Consultants employed by the Trust.
- To allocate work instructions and oversee engineering contractors employed by the Trust as required.
- To investigate and report on defects and complaints arising within buildings.
- To carry out day to day breakdown electrical repairs and maintenance.
- To carry out planned maintenance work. To undertake minor electrical installations.
- To be responsible for assisting in assessing and ordering of materials for execution of tasks.
- To be knowledgeable of and work to the current regulations, Codes of Practice and Health and Safety Regulations.
- To work in accordance with current legislation and regulations governing electrical installations, in particular I.E.E. Regulations 17th Edition BS7671 and current amendments.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the grading and purpose of the post as may be required from time to time.
- To quality check electrical repairs carried out by contractors, especially within Student Accommodation.
- To work with the electrical term contractor as and when small works quotations are required.
- To undertake "Clerk of Works" role in checking quality of Electrical works carried out under the Trust's Reactive Maintenance Term Contract and Minor projects.
- To have the ability to carry out surveys and report writing as necessary.
- To have a good knowledge of Energy Efficiency and assist in Energy Conservation work.
- To deputise for the Electrical Manager in his absence as required
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or 10 Years equivalent experience
- 5 Years' Experience of Engineering Supply and Distribution Systems in large buildings.
- Experience of working in the Healthcare environment.
- You must be authorised to work in the UK without restriction