My client is looking for a Structural/Civil Engineer to work on a wide variety of projects in the education, healthcare, mixed use, commercial offices, retail and residential sectors. Most of this work is focused around the booming Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire areas. Because of this they are looking for someone who has excellent local knowledge and not someone who would need to relocate.
At this level they will provide you with excellent support towards chartership (ICE or IStructE) and the opportunity to grow a diverse skillset across the Structural and Civils sectors.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in your office. In particular to work with your team leader and immediate design team, and keep them informed of issues pertinent to your projects at all time.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects
- Provide technical support including report writing and presentations.
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software (AutoCAD, Tekla, Civils 3D, Microdrainage)
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- Mentoring and training more junior members of staff.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors with other members of the design team and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Willingness to undertake further training in office and own time to achieve CEng status.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an ICE approved institution.
If you have any questions about this role, give Elliot a call on 0207 960 2580.
Civil Engineer - Structural Engineer - CEng - MICE - MIStructE - AutoCAD - Tekla - Civils3D