Design Manager with experience of high rise developments
1 day left
This client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies.
They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
• To attend internal and external meetings including chairing and accurately minute as necessary ensuring distribution to relevant parties.
• To mentor assistant design manager.
• Review design drawings in accordance with Building Regulations.
• Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution arrived at.
• Support Procurement Department in the evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors.
• Research and develop new products for alternative forms of construction.
• Monitor Health & Safety issues.
• Occasionally advise on Estimating schemes.
• Continue professional development.
Develop / Manage Self – examples of effective behaviours:
• Take ownership of the team and individual development by identifying capability needs and consistently achieving development objectives.
• Take responsibility for the quality of own work and seeking opportunities for improvement through continuous learning.
• Continually seek and act on feedback to evaluate and improve their own performance.
Building Trust – examples of effective behaviours:
• Supports others – Treats people with dignity, respect, and fairness; gives proper credit to others; stands up for deserving others and their ideas even in the face of resistance or challenge.
• Sets high standards of performance for self and others – Self-imposed standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Discloses own positions – Shares thoughts, feelings, and rationale so that others understand personal positions.
• Requiring education/ qualification to a level of NVQ 5/ Professional qualification or equivalent qualifications.
• Good knowledge of Building Regulations.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD design software course and Adobe Acrobat.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
Please send your CV on a completely confidential basis to Neil Beckley at Key Recruitment UK Ltd. I am an industry specialist consultant working solely within the Construction sector. Email: email@example.com; Call: +44 (0) 161 443 0076; Fax: +44 (0) 161 443 0039. Write Key House, 15/16 The Embankment, Emery Park, Vale Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport, SK4 3GN, England. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for Design Manager with experience of high rise developments
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly