Interim Development Manager (Delivery)
12 month contract opportunity for an established Development Manager to oversee the delivery phase of an exciting development programme.
Our client are a leading provider of affordable housing in the West Midlands.
- You will lead, develop and manage the Delivery team, having responsibility for managing all on site contracts, delivering a range of tenure offers across a defined geographical area. To achieve the Development Growth Strategy and drive the completion targets.
- Responsible for Project Managers, Development Officer, Graduate Development Officer
- Post holder reports directly to Head of Development
- Other Contacts: Local authorities, Contractors and consultants, internal teams
- Project Management of development Process including liaison with contractors, consultants, solicitors, valuers and local authorities.
- Ensure all development administration takes place to agreed timetables and budgets and in accordance with the internal procedures and the HCAs audit requirements.
- Ensure that effective and appropriate procurement methods are used in accordance with the Group's Internal Procedure Guide and probity in the appointment of consultants and contract execution.
- Managing the delivery team cashflow, ensuring all spend is accurately forecast and budgets managed accordingly.
- Liaise with the Sales team to ensure a swift sales launches and timely sales completions.
- Manage schemes during the post contract phase, if required, including the monitoring of consultants' performance against agreed briefs, reporting on programme and spend throughout the project
- Operate and contribute to the refinement of internal procedures and systems and to understand the importance of the integration of these procedures and systems with other areas of the business. To continually review and improve the development procedures in line with lessons learnt on project, changes in operating environment and internal and external compliance changes
- Deliver Development programme in accordance with HCA contract requirements ensuring scheme delivery compliance with internal, external, planning and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the Development Manager for New Business to ensure smooth accountable transfer of schemes, effective workloads planning and continuous pipeline development.
The successful candidate will have operated in a Development Manager post previously.
You will also need to be available at short notice.
12 month contract.