Community Liaison Officer - BAM Nuttall - South East
- Structural Engineer
Community Liaison Officer - Southampton.
Working on our highways project on the south coast, you will provide a central point of contact to local communities whilst undertaking engagement work comprising of engagement activities, meetings, events and consultations, to establish, build and maintain relationships with local residents, businesses, community and stakeholder groups.
You will help to ensure that communities are engaged in the project plans and to ensure that project risk is mitigated from within the community.
Your key activities will include:
• Establish, build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholder groups.
• Respond to stakeholder complaints and enquiries, and resolve within set timescales.
• Manage day to day community engagement activities for specific work areas.
• Attend regular public events acting as a project representative.
• Seek ways to mitigate community harm and maximise community benefit.
• Liaise with the client's community engagement team.
• Prepare advance works notifications and take appropriate action to advise and warn in advance (through letter drops, e-mail, social networking, etc.).
• Support the resolution of complaints received via a Helpdesk and social media.
• Escalate issues for resolution before they grow.
• Plan community engagement activities to support the delivery of the Works Packages.
• Liaise with community representation groups to ensure that concerns are registered and responded to.
• Produce and maintain records of sensitive receptors, environmental constraints, details of letter drops undertaken, etc.
• Be aware of special events in the area that may impact on traffic flows and liaise with the logistics team accordingly.
• Produce regular newsletters to advise external stakeholders of progress with the scheme.
• Liaise with local authority officers, residents and other stakeholder groups.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Knowledge and experience of working in a customer relations environment.
• High level written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Diplomatic and able to effectively convey a message to a variety of audiences.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.