Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - London
Planning Engineer - London.
We require a Planning Engineer to work both on tenders and on live project delivery. The role will be based on sites around London and in our New Bond Street Office.
The role will require good experience of using both Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project planning software. Experience of 4D planning techniques would be an advantage. The applicant should be a good communicator and be able to present programmes to both Client and peer teams. Highways project experience would also be beneficial. Able to resource, load, programme and carry out monthly Earned Value Management.
Your key activities will include:
• Develop detail within an existing programme.
• Update and monitor progress within a programme.
• Introduce and analyse change in a programme.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of formats, using routine and bespoke programme outputs.
• Provide advice and support to construction teams on use of short-term programmes.
• Evaluate supply chain programmes. Develop and maintain a 4D programme.
• Collect and distribute feedback.
• Assimilate and interpret information from tender documentation.
• Comply with business processes and systems.
• Working under supervision; allocate resources and costs to programmes, undertake checks for programme robustness, maintain awareness of latest construction techniques, coach and mentor others in use of planning software, principally P6, undertake analytical assessment of programmes, establish and maintain internal and external project controls reporting, contribute to a bid-winning strategy for tenders, develop the content and structure for a tender programme, develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• A qualification in civil engineering to HND or degree level.
• Substantial experience, to at least sub-agent level, across a wide range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of commercial and contractual matters.
• A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
• Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques.
• A demonstrable ability to produce short and medium-term programmes.
• A sound knowledge of typical production rates.
• The ability to communicate effectively.
• Competency in the use of P6 (preferable), and in the use of Microsoft Office and 4D software.
• The ability to work to defined, often challenging, timescales.
• Knowledge on all matters relating to safety and environmental construction procedures.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.