Senior Agent - BAM Nuttall - London
Senior Agent - London.
We require an experienced Highways Agent to be based in our London business unit working on projects from tender / preconstruction through to delivery and handover. Previous experience of delivering highways schemes (in excess of £5m value) in London is essential (TFL and / or Borough schemes).
Your key activities will include:
• Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters.
• Manage, supervise and mentor the project team as appropriate.
• Communicate effectively at all levels.
• Work with contracts manager and HR department, to administer the company disciplinary and grievance procedure.
• Take a personal interest in mentoring and developing key staff to their next level.
• Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
• Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
• Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
• Encourage repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders.
• Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate control with reliable QF preparation.
• Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
• Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
• Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
• Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
• Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
• Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
• Establish close working relationship with site supervision to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful management of a number of contracts as agent.
• Thorough knowledge of company policy and relevant government legislation.
• Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.