Sub Agent - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
- Structural Engineer
Sub Agent - Scotland.
We are looking to recruit a Sub Agent to join our Rail team in Scotland on a major rail enhancement programme that is taking place throughout Highlands. The role will initially be based at our office in Kilsyth (near Glasgow) developing and planning the works, and later moving on to the project itself in the Aberdeen.
Rail experience is essential for this role.
You will be required to:
• Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings.
• Manage, supervise and mentor section, site and assistant engineers to ensure high levels of engineering control and generation of appropriate records.
• Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and supply chain.
• Adopt and promote a cost-conscious attitude through efficient use of company resources.
• Support the agent as required in operating the cost management system, the production of programmes and QF preparation.
• Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
• Communicate with general foreman to ensure adequate work preparation and resources availability.
• Assist the agent as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time.
• Review with the agent regularly the performance, development and training needs of subordinate staff, including underperformance or potential resignations.
• Advise agent of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful experience at section engineer level.
• Thorough working knowledge of Company health safety quality and environment procedures.
• Demonstrated application of growing commercial and contractual knowledge.
• Qualified to ICE Technician or Incorporated level or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.