Demolition Pre-construction Manager
Demolition Pre-construction Manager. Taking enquiries as they come in, to then visit potential sites to review the practical aspects of the demolition operation, talking to clients, then working with the commercial side to plan and programme potential demolition contracts, helping to price / win tenders. £70k to £75k+ incentives, negotiable
The Contractor has a demolition division and is receiving increasing numbers of enquiries for the Demolition of buildings and structures so needs someone with the relevant experience to join them as they expand this side of a successful company.
The Person taking on this role will have at least 5 years’ experience in the demolition sector in some managerial role and will have a good grounding of the different types of demolition that are undertaken based on the location and structure of the buildings. You will use that knowledge to discuss with clients their requirements. Then to plan the operation from start to finish, working with the commercial side of the company to produce competitive prices and realistic programmes for the operation.
Your Background will demonstrate many years in the demolition industry with a good appreciation of the processes involved in different projects, showing a very strong approach in Health & Safety, with an ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Adequate IT knowledge will be needed. The role will be part office and part site visits.
Your role will involve identifying the processes necessary for the dismantling or destroying of a structure by pre-planned and controlled methods to include:
Surveying of Buildings for Demolition
- Types of construction material used
- The presence of wastewater, hazardous materials, matters arising from toxic chemicals, flammable or explosive and radioactive materials, etc.
- Drainage conditions and possible problems on water pollution, flooding and erosion.
- Shared facilities with adjoining building, including common staircases, partition walls.
- Adjoining pedestrian and vehicular traffic conditions
- The structural system and structural conditions of basements, underground tanks or underground vaults.
- The original structural system employed in the design.
- Removal of Hazardous Materials
Preparation of Demolition Plan:
- The location of the building to be demolished.
- The structural support systems of the building.
- A plan showing the procedure for the demolition of the building; detailed sequence of demolishing structural members; and the method of demolition to be adopted.
- A plan showing all precautionary measures for the protection of the public including hoardings, covered walkways, catch platforms, catch fans, scaffolding, protective screens and safety nets.
- Method of handling demolished building debris.
- Time required for the complete demolition process etc.
- Safety Measures during Demolition of Building Structures
Salary. £70,000 to £75,000 (negotiable based on ability) plus bonus, incentives and the benefits associated with a successful company that has a high retention of staff. The work is in London and the south-east so many of the sites can be visited on public transport, but a driving licence would be ideal.