Senior Quantity Surveyor with site travel 3 days per week
This client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies. They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
You will be expected to prepare monthly cost reports and management reports forecasting accurately from commencement to completion of the project on financial and progress issues on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Procurement is generally undertaken by the Procurement Department; however, the Quantity Surveyors are to confirm the budgets and review the contents of the subcontractor orders. Naturally, you will advise the Commercial Director of any potential disputes arising between the company and the Subcontractors.
- Issue withholding and payment notices within the correct timescales.
- Respond to all subcontractor’s correspondence where required.
- Take ownership of your project with the relevant contracts manager for both progress and commercial matters.
- Updating information on the progress of projects and passing to Commercial Director as required.
- Working to deadlines set by myself and others within the team.
- Delegate and monitor tasks to trainee Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensure continuous communication with other team members to review contract progress and address immediately associated issues.
- Attending site weekly (or as required) to review issues including providing solutions and advice to ensure successful project completion.
- Ensuring the workforce employed on site are treated fairly and communication is filtered through to them.
- Ensure that payment applications for subcontractors are paid in accordance with the conditions agreed and provide accordingly any supporting information relevant to their claim.
- Properly advise the client of variations and forecasting of the account including advising them of progress and delays and supporting this with relevant document correspondence.
- Ensure cash flow is maintained in their favour during the course of the contract and provide early forecasting of any shortfall should that be relevant.
- Ensure continuous correspondence with consultants including monitoring content of correspondence to be specific, relevant and grammatically correct.
- Identify and review key performance indicators with Commercial Director.
- Monitor and review procurement – including placing subcontract orders and ensure they arrive on time and within budget.
- Set and monitor subcontract final accounts.
- Closing off final accounts and liabilities on the balance sheet.
- Ensure all team members are aware of any issues on site including any potential claim disputes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensuring filing of site project correspondence is maintained.
- Review adjustment to costs to be pursued on old contracts.
- Identify training needs of team members and liaise with Training Manager
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of Contract Law
- Strong time management and assertiveness
- Health & Safety awareness
Please send your CV on a completely confidential basis to Neil Beckley at Key Recruitment UK Ltd. I am an industry specialist consultant working solely within the Construction sector. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Call: +44 (0) 161 443 0076; Fax: +44 (0) 161 443 0039. Write: Key House, 15/16 The Embankment, Emery Park, Vale Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport, SK4 3GN, England. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.