Project Manager x2
Position: Project Manager x2
Location: 1x Walthamstow / 1x Wembley
Salary: £60k + car allowance + company benefits
The Company: My client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies.
They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
- Single point of contact for client.
- Formulate and present progress reporting structure both internally and to the client.
- Overall responsibility for construction, through to the completion of the building, to the agreed programme.
- Formulating and agreeing main contract programmes.
- To set the agenda for the construction process and the design/ information co-ordination to achieve that process.
- Ensure site team manage in overall terms Site Health and Safety Policy, security and fire policies.
- Ensure site team set up and work to main site filing system.
- Assist with contractual correspondence and distribution of information.
- Attend post hand over review meetings.
- Encourage and develop communication methods employed by staff and nurture positive supportive approach to developing staff.
- To discuss, support and advise team members on a regular individual and team basis and where necessary liaise with Human Resources for additional support.
- Conduct, chair and minute regular team meetings with subcontractors and management and distribute to senior management.
- Complete on time or ahead of time.
- Arrange and ensure meetings with quantity surveyors regularly throughout contract.
- Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
- Discuss site issues and progress with construction director.
- Attend pre-start meetings with on-site operatives.
- Liaise with client, architect, structural engineers, Building Control, NHBC and other organisations as required.
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Member of Chartered Institute of Building or working towards desirable
- Good knowledge of contract law
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
- CSCS Card
- Good communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills