Assistant Design Manager
Position: Assistant Design Manager
Salary: £32k + car allowance + company benefits
The Company: My client is one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies.
They have grown steadily over two centuries to become one of the most successful and respected names in the building, property development and construction industries. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from homes to commercial, industrial and mixed-use schemes and has successfully delivered more than 25,000 student units throughout the UK since 1999.
- Reviewing the technical aspects of details put forward by architects and engineers and co-ordinate changes with Design team (including Structural Engineers, architects and external subcontractors, ensuring best value.
- Register received drawings on information system.
- Approve drawings.
- Produce drawings via AutoCAD drawing system.
- Attending Design team meeting to co-ordinate the building process.
- Liaise and meet with local authority planners and highways department to discuss issues.
- Co-ordinate design information in accordance with Building Regulations.
- Audit drawing systems on site and ensure they are passed to relevant Departments.
- Attend site to carry out building work in accordance with drawings.
- Requiring education/ qualifications to a level of NVQ 4, Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD drawing systems
- Strong communication, negotiation and time management