Position: Section Engineer
Location: North West
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000
The Company: My client is a building and civil contractor working throughout the whole of the UK and Ireland.
- You will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed onsite.
- He/ She, along with the Senior Management team will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
- You will be expected to manage site engineers and ensure quality inspection plans are readily available to allow works to progress in line with programme.
- Build strong working relationships with the Engineering team and sub-contractors and take a dedicated approach to managing Health and Safety on site.
- Manage sub-contractors and suppliers with the support from the Sub-Agent is a must while co-ordinating and supervising temporary works as required.
- You will implement a regime of test and inspection plans for all works on site.
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Senior Management.
- Educated to degree standard in Engineering or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge of construction and best practices.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card.
- Full Driving License.
- First Aid at Work Experience
- Sound knowledge of engineering with a minimum of 4 years’ experience as Sub Agent.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety.
- The client expects you to have working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Skills & Competencies
- You will have good interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team.
- They expect excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills.
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- You are a self-starter able to work within a team setting.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- An excellent professional demeanour.