Position: Design Manager
Salary: £50k - £70k
The Company: With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, our client can offer a career that never stops moving. Based on a live construction site in London, the Design Manager will report to the Senior Design Manager and will have design management responsibilities across the project
- Review and assess incoming tender design documents for quality of design and completion.
- Acquire deep understanding of the design brief such as the Employer's Requirements and the Contractor's Proposals. Manage to ensure the project design follows them.
- Lead and manage the development, resolution and delivery of the design aspects of the project, including coordination through to completion.
- Undertake reviews of design documentation for coordination and completeness for the given stage of works.
- Ensure design is compliant with all relevant legislation and delivered in accordance with CDMC requirements.
- Ensure buildability, cost effectiveness and a high standard of finish.
- Appoint the consultants by preparing their respective scope of services and negotiate the fees.
- Establish and reinforce a professional and respectful working environment with the external consultants and their internal project team
- Establish, monitor and manage the design program
- Develop and manage the electronic project document control systems and design management procedures
- Background in design, construction and delivery including design management experience with a main contractor on projects above £500m in value;
- Experience with design management on high rise projects over 50 stories in a city environment
- Degree qualified within a Construction or Architectural related field;
- Experience of liaising with subcontractors and high-profile clients;
- Commercial and financial understanding – possess the ability to contribute to value enhancement as part of the design process;
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and influencing skills.