Quantity Surveyor required for Medium Sized Contractor - Carpentry
Quantity Surveyor required for Medium Sized Contractor
My client is a medium sized carpentry company who deal with new build residential projects (for all the large well-known Development Companies). We are based in North London and are looking to recruit a quantity surveyor at an intermediate stage, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
About the role : The candidate will be office based but will be required to visit site as and when required. You must have ;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficiency using office IT applications to include Microsoft and Word
- Be punctual and have good timekeeping
Duties will include: -
- Prepare a list of enquiries at procurement stage and assist with costings at the tendering stage with the Managing Director.
- Analyse tender returns and collate information for the Managing Director.
- Compile and issue sub contract orders and ensure these are signed and returned along with any supporting documentation.
- Issue variation orders if required and ensure relevant documentation is available to substantiate.
- Produce monthly valuations and liaise with client if any discrepancies occur.
- Agree Final Accounts with clients in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Contracts Managers and ensure that all costs are recorded accurately.
- Attend site to provide assistance and support both the commercial and operational side of the business.
- The company is very forward thinking therefore the right candidate must be driven and motivated
- They must be skilled in valuations, payments and most importantly be able to add value to a project.
- The company is a fun, vibrant but professional office therefore someone with a similar character would do well.
If you think you might be interested in the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org