Building Services Engineer / Project Leader
Building Services Engineer / Project Lead to be based in central London. Pay up to £44k+ package.
Your new company
You will be working client side on government building projects. You will be working on primarily on fit out and refurb projects in central London. There are two jobs both for public sector clients.
Your new role
Project Leaders perform the "informed client" role on behalf of the Project Owner or Project Board, as appropriate, to pro-actively lead on the delivery of estate wide property, building refurbishment and conservation projects, and the management of external consultants. The role will involve leading and delivering a diverse and exciting range of projects typically ranging between £50k and £1M. The successful candidates will be required to meet the needs of internal teams of the client and to report to the project manager and project boards, Clients and stakeholders when needed. You will have experience managing projects preferably both M&E packages.
What you'll need to succeed
Building Services or Engineering qualification to at least NVQ3
Post-qualification experience of managing external consultants and contractors in an occupied building or construction environment and organisation of project delivery effectively on time, budget and to agreed quality standards.
Sound analytical skills with the ability to collate financial and other information from a range of sources, analyse it and draw conclusions in order to inform business cases that demonstrate value for money.
- Ensure that the project outcomes and requirements are adequately defined and that the needs of the users and all other stakeholders are fully understood and accounted for.
- Establish and communicate the overall budget and timescales for projects.
- Ensure projects are procured in accordance with client guidelines and procedures.
- At all stages ensure that the design is reviewed and approved by the technical Principals.
- Ensure that the project complies with and is managed in accordance with all statutory and external requirements and internal procedures.
- Ensure that adequate resources are applied to the supervision and quality of the works.
- Ensure that comprehensive reports are provided to the Project Owner and/or Project Board as appropriate, particularly highlighting key issues and risks. At handover, ensure that the completed works and documentation are in accordance with the approved design and specifications and meets with the Principals' approval.
What you'll get in return
You will be working direct for the client on very well known and prestigious buildings in central London. You will have a 36-40 hour week. The pay is up to £44k + package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.