Great Assistant Buyer Opportunity
Your new company
Your new company is a formed specialist house builder primarily based in East Anglia with developments across the United Kingdom. Looking to expand they are now looking to appoint an Assistant buyer.
Your new role
Your new company are seeking to appoint an Assistant Buyer to join their existing team.
- You will be working closely with the Procurement Manager in negotiating fees and prices with suppliers to ensure the best value.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate quantified material schedules using working drawings.
- To compare and check quotations obtained from suppliers for their accuracy and correct interpretation of working drawings.
- Review and liaise with concerned parties to resolve invoice quires and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support to the Site Manager, Assistant and Materials Controller with the co ordination of deliveries, to enable works of progress in line with agreed programmes.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue and urgent.
What you'll need to succeed
- MCIPS Qualified or working towards your MCIPS qualification in desirable but not essential.
- Computer literate to include working knowledge of Microsoft systems such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- COINS procurement system experience is an advantage,
- Ability to present accurate date
- Proven experience within a Construction Purchasing department is desirable.
- Good telephone communication and organisation skills.
- Must be a team player, but also able to work with minimal supervision.
- Honest and reliable with the ability to work well under pressure.
- A desire for quality is essential.
- Clean driving license.
- The ability to adapt to change, conscientious and approachable with the willingness to accept ownership of tasks.
What you'll get in return
On offer is a competitive salary package with benefits and the opportunity to join an industry leading contractor who can provide excellent progression and learning opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Assistant Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly