Site Engineer, Groundworks, Residential new build
Site Engineer, Groundworks, roads, drainage, landscaping. Using AutoCAD & Robotic equipment, car driver, relevant CSCS card. £190 - £210/day. Close to Chelmsford. Setting out for extensive parking areas initially, 4 months+. You will need relevant experience in setting out adoptable roads and drainage, strip or piled foundations, brickwork, external works. You must have relevant tickets and must be able to drive and work on your own with a robotic instrument.
Overall requirements for the role, responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Good level of communication skills
- Able to obtain drawings, notify any changes
- Request RFI’s and maintain tracking system to manage responses and close outs.
- Ensure all temporary works designs are in place.
- Ensure all work is undertaken to the current drawings and specification.
- Ensure setting out is undertaken in accordance with the method statement and risk assessment.
- Help with the quality assurance (QA) checks, reports and files.
- Help to co-ordinate engineering resource to carry out and gather as built information.
- Close out defects in a timely fashion.
- Proficient in using Autocad, Asta programming (optional) N4ce Ground modelling (optional).
Health and Safety:
- Read and understand the Health and Safety policy and procedures and carry out work in accordance with its requirements.
- Work in accordance with the Quality and Environmental procedures and ensure the relevant forms are completed.
- Liaise with the site manager on a regular basis and report any health and safety non-compliance.
- Attend prescribed health and safety training programmes.
- Promote safe systems of work.
- Understand and champion the importance of health and safety on site at all times.
- Set a personal example by wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
The Role is available on a Contract basis @ £190 - £210 per day and is negotiable based on your level of relevant experience.
Site is close to Chelmsford so you should live within 1 hour’s travel. Own transport essential. Applications will only be considered from people currently legally entitled to live and work in the UK. 2 current references will be required and validated.