Geotechnical Engineer - Surrey- £Competitive
Our client have a role available for a Geotechnical Engineer to join the team in their Surrey offices.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer Team Leader, the successful Geotechnical Engineer will be accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients on projects, gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects together with developing your own skills, and those of the team, to ensure you all reach your full potential.
In order to be successful as a Geotechnical Engineer in this role you must hold:
- Well-rounded geotechnical design experience including foundations (shallow and piled), retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation.
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as VDISP/PDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE, REPUTE and SlopeW.
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Full and valid driving license
Managing selected projects or components of projects, the successful Geotechnical Engineer will taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications. You will be working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the projects.
To apply for this position please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively you call email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org