GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - WARRINGTON -£COMPETITVE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our client's exciting team based in their Warrington offices.
Upon joining the team as a Geotechnical Engineer you will you will undertake a varied role with a number of duties:-
- Geotechnical engineering work related to of a range of development projects in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors;
- Overall management of intrusive site investigations, acquiring high quality geotechnical data and interpretation of results;
- Geotechnical production of desk study, interpretative & design reports and engineering specifications and drawings;
- Competent in geotechnical design for deep and shallow foundations, basements, slopes, earthworks, ground improvement and retaining walls including use of recognised geotechnical software packages; and
- Client management & business development opportunities,
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or similar related geoscience discipline and a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, similar related discipline is mandatory;
- Ability to independently undertake engineering specification and geotechnical design of shallow and deep foundations, slope stability, retaining walls, earthworks and ground improvement in accordance with Eurocode recommendations and using various geotechnical software packages;
- Experience of organising, designing, and managing intrusive site investigations, and site supervision of geotechnical construction works;
- Good client management skills along with attendance at technical, business development and various internal/external client meetings; and
- Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice.
- Appreciation of environmental issues within Geotechnics, preliminary risk assessment and remediation techniques; and
- Membership of professional organisation, commitment towards continuing professional development and be working towards chartered engineer/geologist status.
If this role sounds like it is for you and you have the required experience call Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively, email a copy of your CV to email@example.com