Senior Site Manager - Required for Large Residential Development Main D&B Contractor - Wembley
Senior Site Manager required for Large Residential Development - Wembley
Senior Site Manager required for Construction of reinforced concrete framed PRS residential accommodation block of up to 18 storeys, with 3 storey link building, basement plant area, retail units facing onto station square, including completion of basement car park/podium slab structure and finishes. They will be providing 188 Units including retail units and a basement carpark. The contract is 24 months approx.
About the role : Reporting to a Project Manager directly and calling on your extensive experience you will provide the overall leadership of the construction/production team in delivering the scope of work within the project.
- To provide the overall leadership of the construction/ production team in delivering the scope of work within a major work package or project to the defined cost, time and quality and contractual requirements.
- To implement Safety Management Systems and personally set the standard of zero tolerance of unsafe practices and occurrences to ensure everyone goes home safely.
- To implement the quality and environmental management systems.
- To ensure that all projects deliver the contracted engineering requirements using the highest levels of technical expertise and efficiency.
- To provide an environment such that we can recruit, develop and retain talented staff to fulfil the present and future needs of the business.
- To promote the Company’s culture and business.
About the Responsibilities
- To be the Company Representative across the multiple interfaces within the Projects.
- To provide a single point of contact for the client in relation to project activities and represent the Company’s interests with the clients.
- To ensure the project team, roles, skills and behaviour are aligned with the Company’s objectives and project requirements.
- To establish the team structure, tools and processes that support delivery.
- To ensure that the client project requirements are understood and communicated to all the members of the team.
- Co-creation and team sign off of safe method of working and systems especially those arising from new developments to identify hazards and unsafe situations.
- Co-Production of written method statements and site safety rules and on the arrangements to bring these to the attention of the workforce.
- To approve or request the training required for their project team to meet company standards in full, including statutory, H&S and Environment requirements.
- To actively promote and trial innovation in our methodology, processes and products.
- To deliver the project within the authorised budget, optimising cost and quality parameters.
- To ensure production controls are in place for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking works and improving performance.
- To communicate company policies, Quality, H&S and Environmental, to all members of the project teams,
- To produce the Project Quality Plan and implement its arragements.
- To produce the Construction Phase Plan and implement its arragements.
- To co-produce the Site Environmental Management Plan (SEMP) and implement its arragements. Also, assess the project environmental impacts and identify control measures.
- To record and HSE accident and incident as described in the Company SMS.
- To ensure Occupational Health assessments are completed for all members of the project team including operatives and ensure that they receive Occupational Health Surveillance in accordance with the results of their individual assessment.
- To provide regular feedback of production analysis to the Operations Director.
- To implement line HR policies and practices.
- To create environment for exceptional team performance.
- To optimise resource utilisation and eliminate waste wherever possible.
- To ensure compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and the company SMS.
- To remain current and knowledgeable in the Company SMS and QMS.
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org