Design Planning Manager
Excellent Opportunity to work as a client side Design Planning Manager.
Excellent progression on offer with an opportunity to develop a well-established business.
Our Client is a well-recognised national High-end residential developer. Due to a massive increase in pipeline they are looking to bring on a Design Planning Manager to work under the Technical Director.
Responsible for design of the region's residential developments and managing and leading the Design Team to meet departmental objectives, in accordance with the Company's best practice and procedures.
- Manage and contribute to the preparation of quality urban design and design solutions for all sites.
- Manage, assist and advise the Design and Technical Coordinators.
- Liaise and work directly with Civil Engineers to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically buildable and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
- Liaise and work directly with the Engineering team to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically build-able and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
- Organise and programme the design team, ensuring targets and deadlines are met for planning applications, clearance of conditions and technical information for pre-tenders.
- Take the lead in all Public Consultation events/exhibitions, planning meetings and third party stake holder meetings for all design and planning related issues.
- In close collaboration with the Land Department and the Associate Engineering Director, ensure designs and technical information which supports land bids is well designed, efficient, commercially robust and realistic in its risk and programme assumptions.
- Be the Region's design champion.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Technical Department in conjunction with the Technical Director and other technical managers.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Technical Coordinators.
- Prepare design briefs, tender packages and commission design works being undertaken by external consultants.
- Ensure the team are meeting the Company's health and safety commitments and attend all relevant training.
- Architect Degree, Part 1 & 2 qualified or Degree in Design, such as, Urban Layout, Landscape, and Architectural Technology.
- At Least 5 years' experience working within a residential house builder (Consultancy or client side).
- A working knowledge of CAD.
- Knowledge or other design packages (photoshop, JPA designer, sketch-up).
- Experience or people management and project leading.
- Able to manage and lead a team.
Excellent Salary with Great Benefits Package.