5D Technician - BAM Nuttall - South East
5D Technician - Camberley, Surrey.
We are on an exciting journey towards embedment of digital construction techniques and processes in all parts of our business, and this vacancy presents an opportunity to take a leading role in the forefront of implementing new digital construction practices in the preconstruction process.
Experience of civil engineering projects, on site and/or in office based roles, would clearly be an advantage, although this is not essential as training and mentoring will be provided.
The role will involve handling and interrogating 3D models to add, edit, extract and process information to support the preparation of properly considered cost estimates and tender programmes. As we develop our capabilities further there will be opportunities to explore and improve the way we link estimates and programmes, generate tender enquiries and handover bid information to project teams.
Your key activities will include:
• co-ordinate with bid teams, colleagues in estimating and planning and in the wider Preconstruction team.
• organise and administer tender information in 2D and 3D formats.
• investigate 3D models for quality and completeness using proprietary software.
• edit and add information in 3D models using proprietary software.
• take-off quantities electronically from 2D and 3D sources using proprietary software.
• prepare quantity schedules and pricing documents using proprietary software.
• investigate and assist with linking estimates and programmes, resources, cost and time.
• maintain awareness of latest construction techniques and project feedback.
• comply with BAM Nuttall procedures.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.