Project Manager - Covering London
£38,250 – £51,750 + Car, Pension and 25 days holiday
BT Facilities Services are part of the BT Group of companies and we specialise in facilities management. Our brilliant team provide a full range of building maintenance services to 7,000 BT buildings in the UK, our estate varies from commercial offices, telephone exchanges, data centres and retail shops. We also have an in house projects and construction team who manage all project works across the estate.
Reporting to the Regional Project Manager you will be a key member of the P&C team, responsible for projects of all shapes and sizes within your region (London & home counties).
You’ll need a good understanding of procurement, governance and management of projects in a construction environment as you will be responsible for delivering a busy project workload within your region.
- Assist with planning and delivery of project works across your region (and nationally where required)
- Use specialist skills to support the projects team in delivering technically/contractually complex works
- Ensure that all projects in your region are being delivered to the agreed time, cost and quality
- Follow, adhere, implement and improve on required H&S and Quality processes
- Develop maintain and enhance customer and contractor relationships
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors for projects, providing feedback on performance for future works
- Effectively communicate with clients and BTFS operational teams
- Full commercial understanding of the terms and conditions of engagement with the supply chain
- Demonstrate ability to manage the delivery of projects to fixed costs and ensure value for money
- Ability to produce detailed project documentation using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office packages
- Review supplier performance, price, submissions and negotiate the best deals possible
- Likely to have 5 years business experience and / or be a fully qualified professional with a minimum of 2 years PQE and intermediate level quals
- Evidence of supporting a business contract / professional function
- Construction related degree or equivalent
- Strong IT skills, ideally to an advanced level on Microsoft packages
- Full UK driving license and the flexibility to travel regularly