Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Southsea.
What you'll be doing
As, Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will
- Managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- Be seeking to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
- Managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified
- Delivering final prices for each of the packages of work drawn down from the overall project scope.
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Lead or MQS
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Quantity Surveyor experience with a track record in managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects
- Chartered Membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB
- Experience in managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others
- Previous coastal experience
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.