Falmouth and Wallingford
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic commercial professionals to provide commercial, contractual and tendering support to our business at two locations. The Falmouth based Commercial Manager is required to support our marine construction, design and fabrication operations whilst the Wallingford based Commercial Manager is required to support land-based Ground Investigation projects throughout the UK.
Specifically, you will:
- Possess thorough knowledge of NEC/ICC forms of Contract and an ability to swiftly analyse and understand non-standard forms
- Review contract documents to identify and manage commercial risk/ opportunity and advise on tender qualifications
- Provide pre-& post contract commercial advice to support the Business Units in client negotiations
- Liaise with project staff to ensure that all contractual correspondence, notifications and records are properly maintained
- Manage cost control on all projects and provide accurate forecasts
- Identify and value contract change/compensation events
- Prepare applications for payment and invoices to maximise Fugro cash-flow and recovery
- Prepare contractual claims and final accounts
- Liaise with the Accounts Department to manage Debtors
- Compile monthly financial reports for Contracts and the Business Units
Our successful candidates will have demonstrable experience of working in a similar role for a Civil Engineering /Ground Investigation Contractor and possess Academic or Professional qualifications appropriate for this role.
You will have strong communication and organisational skills - knowledge of the marine or specialist construction industry (for the Falmouth based role) and Ground investigation or heavy Civil Engineering (for the Wallingford based role) would be advantageous. The roles are ideally suited for Senior Quantity Surveyors who are looking to expand their career and take ‘the next step’ in their profession.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us: or to apply, click Apply Now below and specify the location you're interested in.