Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job!
We're savvy enough to recognise that it's the people on the ground who make our organisation work and that's why we invest in all our staff, to help them develop inspiring and enjoyable careers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our Northern Region to initially work on some Environmental Agency projects. The ideal candidate will be located close to Doncaster / Lincolnshire.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the management of the site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customer's objectives, while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact and cost control.
- Support the Site Agent or Project Manager in the execution of his duties, and management of smaller construction contracts.
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and project management plans.
- Understand tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets.
- Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
- Manage design co-ordination.
- Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts.
- Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary.
- Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
Are you the person we are looking for?
This is no ordinary company, here at Jackson we pride ourselves on being a first class firm and for that we need first class people!
We are looking for someone with a real ‘can do' - ‘will do' attitude, who is ambitious, a team player and flexible.
You should be:
- A good communicator with the ability to instruct and direct staff
- A good organiser, both of self and others with the ability to think in advance
- Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
Already experienced as a Sub Agent you will have experience of working with the NEC form of contract and supporting a Site Agent or Project Manager in running schemes between £1 - 2M. You must also have a relevant industry qualification (SMSTS or equivalent). You will have significant main contractor civils experience including structures, earthworks and highway construction.
We also offer some fantastic perks!
We don't just offer a great place to work with a family feel atmosphere, we also offer life assurance cover (4 x annual salary), company car or car allowance, company pension scheme (we match up to 6%), 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a well-established, positive, no nonsense company then we want to hear from you!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments on 01473 238300.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.