Senior Estimator - NW London - £80k - RC Frame/Groundwork & Demo
The Senior Proposals Engineer / Manager is responsible for implementing and delivering upon the business’ sales strategy for the assigned Abbey Pynford product offering(s) as a part of and while taking a leading role with the Proposals Team.
The Senior Proposals Engineers develop accurate, value engineered and desirable solutions to meet client’s requirements, helping to achieve and aiming to exceed financial goals in line with the company strategy.
They must develop a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve relationships. They are also required to grow and retain existing relationships by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
The role will involve the concept design and tendering of various schemes with responsibility for each project from inception to securing work. The candidate should have the ability to work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner while delivering accurate, competitive proposals interpreting the client’s requirements well.
In addition, the role requires mentoring members of the Proposals team and assisting the Estimating Manager in developing others within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team in identifying risks, opportunities and requirements of projects to efficiently and effectively produce tenders and estimates for suitable enquiries.
- Deliver great customer service at all times.
- In collaboration with the Estimating Manager, mentor Proposals Engineers and check estimates and tenders are to the required standard prior to issuing.
- Correspond and negotiate with clients, suppliers, contractors and colleagues in collaboration with the commercial department.
- Accurately prepare quotations considering all costs.
- Provide detailed hand over information for the successful delivery of contracts.
- Efficiently manage situations when workload presents conflicting demands on time and availability, demonstrating an ability to effectively prioritise and schedule.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the unique selling propositions and differentiators of the Abbey Pynford products and use these to help secure work and develop new business opportunities that may arise.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Assist with the company Business Development and Marketing activities as required.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Gather feedback on submitted tenders that have been lost.
- Work within the IMS & H&S requirements while keeping company records up to date.
- Work within and promote the companies Vision, Mission, Values and Behaviours.
Apply for Senior Estimator - NW London - £80k - RC Frame/Groundwork & Demo
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly