Director of Railway Systems
Our client is a leading consultancy, they have an urgent requirement for a Railways Systems Director to join their team on a large scale rail project in Qatar. Candidates applying for this role must have held a managerial position on a large scale rail project, be an expert of railway systems and have at least 20 years post graduate experience.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Overall responsibility of all rail systems engineering, technical integration as well as testing and commissioning where required.
- Development of all project technical Plans and Procedures for Rail Systems.
- Ensure that all rail systems engineering objectives of the project are fully met to best international standards and practices.
- Ensure that all design and implementation activities are performed with highest safety and quality culture in mind and with the best industry practice.
- Be fully experienced with all international standards and requirements for developing the design of a railway project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering or similar
- 20 years post graduate experience
- Experience of ERTM Level 2 and GSMR is essential.
- Experience of rail systems application to various modes of railway transportation.
- Experience of working on large, complex and multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience of interface management and total system integration.
- Excellent management and communication skills, strong leadership qualities.