Site Manager - Demolition Projects Across London
About the Client: A well known and highly respected sub contractor throughout the South East and have been established for over 50yrs now. They work mainly within the Commercial & retail Groundworks sectors of industry and a little on the Residential side. They also have their own specialist demolition, remediation and plant divisions. Turnover this year is expected to be £130m and growing next year and they take on projects from £500k to £15m typically.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Manage the productivity of the workforce under your Leadership
• Ensure that the site is managed within Company guidelines
• Record and monitor the quality of the works through progressive stages of the test and inspection plans; the objective being to produce a zero defect product (assisted by Site Supervisor or Engineer)
• Produce target construction programmes from available contract information
• Produce detailed short-term programmes for specific work areas
• To effectively manage the contract within agreed financial budgets
• Liaise with statutory authorities and coordinate the removal of existing supplies or the installation of new service supplies within the programme time constraints
• Produce a ‘quality job, first time’ ethos
• Encompass Company change, with a positive attitude and maintain this to all adversity using your experience to guide others to a satisfactory conclusion
• Ensure all clients’ expectations are achieved and deliver on target or above target levels of customer satisfaction
• Undertake necessary training as and when required
• Develop and maintain a sound, professional working relationship with the Client and other influential individuals within or connected to your contract(s). Make regular contact including, but not limited to, attending relevant meetings, working groups, forums, etc
• Conduct yourself within the Company’s core values and ensure that corporate brand guidelines are adhered to
• Ensure all works carried out comply with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, ensuring that all staff are aware of and receive training in all relevant H&S issues.
• Ensure all HR policies are followed
• To communicate any changes/updates directly with members of the site team
• Train and develop the contract staff to maximise their effectiveness. Manage your time effectively and efficiently
• Ensure objectives are set and performance is measured through appraisals, PDP’s and regular reviews
HNC/HND or equivalent in a construction related discipline or trade background with ’add on’ experience
Site Managers Safety - SMSTS
Construction Skills Certificate Scheme – CSCS Managers (Gold Card)
CCDO Managers Card
First Aid Certificate (4 day)
Scaffold Inspection (2 day)
Temporary Works Coordination (1 day)
Must hold a full driving licence.
CCDO Managers card (or working towards achieving this)
Membership to Institution of Demolition Engineers (or working towards achieving this)
Benefits: You will receive an excellent salary and the opportunity to join a progressive contractor. This client works on major projects across London. Opportunity to progress to Project manager level.